General Purpose Thread

bukena

Re: General Purpose Thread

Message par bukena » mar. 14 septembre 2010, 01:50

September!... the NFL is back on... thank God. I hope everyone is having fun... I am currently studying Alex De Grassi's The Zipper... great piece to play.

Anyway, have fun!

b.

pasjk

Message par pasjk » mar. 01 février 2011, 22:39

"Invisible Idiot" LOL. Truly, translations can be funny sometimes.

pasjk

Message par pasjk » lun. 28 février 2011, 16:31

Concerning energy from an older timer at 60. How many musicians do you know who really exercise on a regular basis. It does make a difference. David Russell is quite a runner from what I understand. And he is hands on with building wells and schools in various countries.

eales

Message par eales » lun. 28 février 2011, 16:47

pasjk a écrit :David Russell is quite a runner from what I understand. And he is hands on with building wells and schools in various countries.
I didn't know that about David Russell!! I rate him very highly as a performer but haven't heard him live for many years now.

bukena a écrit :I am still going to publish it and I'll do it myself. I've just been very busy trying to make a living since I moved to Los Cabos. Things have been very rough here. I haven't done a single score since the end of 2008, but as soon as I can manage it, I'll be back to doing my transcriptions. I do intend to the the whole Weiss catalog.

Have fun!
I wonder if you could publish your own and sell them via the Net? I know there's the risk of unauthorised copying but if you could get them on Scorch with that thing they do on the demo page (urgh can't speak English anymore :oops: )

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » mer. 02 mars 2011, 02:59

eales a écrit :(urgh can't speak English anymore :oops: )
That's because you've been spending more time here than on the English forum. :lol:

It's nice to hear from you again, dear eales, and knowing that you are still with us. :D

You must visit "our side" again soon. Owl posted another MP3 of another Piazzolla piece that is simply stunning!!!

Alan

eales

Message par eales » mer. 02 mars 2011, 10:35

Wow!! Will definitely have a look in! Thanks Alan that's so kind of you :merci:

pasjk

Message par pasjk » jeu. 31 mars 2011, 18:45

Blessed Spring to those who are really experiencing it.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » ven. 01 avril 2011, 04:11

The way I see it, pasjk, it means that there is « really » no such thing as a Spring in your neighbourhood, right ? A bit like here, in Montreal, where Summer battles Winter for a few weeks… then Winter abdicates (for another 6 months, tops) when May comes around… :lol: :roll: :wink:

pasjk

Message par pasjk » ven. 01 avril 2011, 12:36

Yes. Our weather can be very similar.
Last year we had about as perfect a spring as I can recall in recent memory leading into a very summery summer. Actually ,very salubrious.posting.php?mode=reply&f=106&t=17746#
In Buffalo last year, although very unseasonal, it was 76 and sunny. Today, grey,gloomy and wet. Alack and alas. However, the robes of winter are slowing giving way to the adornments of spring. Saw a cardinal couple in the yard yesterday. Usually don't see the female.
Next week I will be in Florida, doing interviews and writing, for a book I am co-authoring with a 83 year old Holocaust survivor from Poland. I am also writing a play based on his life.
I will keep you in mind should we get up Montreal way. Lovely city.
"Nothing is more beautiful than a guitar, save perhaps two.”
-Fredric Chopin

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » ven. 01 avril 2011, 14:51

Absolutely : tell me when you’re around ! :okok:

pasjk

Message par pasjk » mar. 31 mai 2011, 01:22

What is going on concert wise in your region? Jason Vieaux will be here in Buffalo in December.

milsabords

Message par milsabords » mar. 31 mai 2011, 01:24

what ...

we speak french here. not english
- milsabords ; bourreau des coeurs d'artichauts.
- milsabords ; scénariste à ses heures perdues.
- pci
- P4 ( toutes institutions confondues )
- inventeur du pétadou
- D0 -3
- Meuh !

milsabords est aussi compositeur .

buvez Cacolac

Valéry Sauvage

Message par Valéry Sauvage » mar. 31 mai 2011, 07:13

milsabords a écrit :what ...

we speak french here. not english
This is a special place called "International>English" where people from foreign countries can speak their own language, dear Milsabords.
so...
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. (Horace)

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mer. 17 août 2011, 02:32

Well, well, well. Is this mini-forum still alive… or what ? I guess everyone’s gone fishing, right ? :chaud:

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » mer. 17 août 2011, 03:14

Hi Lance. Nice to hear from you! :D

I've been wondering the same thing. The English mini-forums have also been very slow on the Italian and Spanish forums. I still check just about everyday, though.

English speaking members had to go to the Spanish speaking forum to register for M. Delcamp's year end exam, so that created a stir off activity for a while. That's what he was hoping for. :wink:

Take care,

Alan

Revenir vers « English »