Where the heck is this place?

Sean

Where the heck is this place?

Message par Sean » jeu. 22 juillet 2010, 18:42

Where am I? I have no clue where I'm at! This is an English subforum under the French forum of Delcamp? I never knew this existed, and I was once a proud moderator!

Valéry Sauvage

Re: Where the heck is this place?

Message par Valéry Sauvage » jeu. 22 juillet 2010, 21:49

Welcome again, here is the place where people can speak english and enjoy the ressources of the french forum (two in one...) So you can post, ask for the groups and here it is !
Bye
Val
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. (Horace)

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » jeu. 22 juillet 2010, 22:21

Ha ha! Through the Looking Glass :D

Go ahead and register for the 002 Group, Sean. Of course, the Delcamp Collection is the same on all the forums, but there are some really nice MP3's and members' scores that are different on all of the forums. (You can also put some of your own excellent MP3s here)!

Alan

ps. You can keep your post count up here. At least until Dyens gets here... :mrgreen: :wink:

Sean

Message par Sean » sam. 24 juillet 2010, 03:51

Wow, this is like Area 51!

Alan, I don't remember how to register for 002 groups = how do I do that again?

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » sam. 24 juillet 2010, 05:29

Ha ha! it's been years since you've done that, huh? :lol:

Go to your Control Panel, click on the Usergroups tab, click on the tick for the 002 Group, scroll down and click submit.

Voilà! (As they say around these here parts) :wink:

Alan

Paul

Message par Paul » dim. 25 juillet 2010, 19:54

Hey Sean. I didn't recognise you. When did you get out?

Paul

Valéry Sauvage

Message par Valéry Sauvage » dim. 25 juillet 2010, 20:37

Sean a écrit :Wow, this is like Area 51!

Alan, I don't remember how to register for 002 groups = how do I do that again?
It's done now ;-)
V.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. (Horace)

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » dim. 25 juillet 2010, 21:21

Paul a écrit :Hey Sean. I didn't recognise you. When did you get out?

Paul
LOL! :lol:

Speaking of which, it was Paul who reminded a few of us on these mini-forums (fora?) to include our avatars. I'm sure you remember how to do that, since yours changes regularly.

If you choose to add a signature as well, I'd shy away from quotes from "Seinfeld". It's not shown in Europe. :mrgreen:

Alan

wchyme

Message par wchyme » dim. 25 juillet 2010, 21:39

More like Warehouse 13 here :D

I still don't understand why we can't log with the same login and password and therefore have the same privileges.
O well, last I asked JF to enable that was two or three years ago, maybe a good time to re-ask again :roll:

Paul

Message par Paul » mer. 28 juillet 2010, 19:28

wchyme a écrit :More like Warehouse 13 here :D

I still don't understand why we can't log with the same login and password and therefore have the same privileges.
O well, last I asked JF to enable that was two or three years ago, maybe a good time to re-ask again :roll:
The forums are on separate databases therefore different logins are needed for each.

Paul

wchyme

Message par wchyme » mer. 28 juillet 2010, 22:43

Paul a écrit :
wchyme a écrit :More like Warehouse 13 here :D

The forums are on separate databases therefore different logins are needed for each.

Paul
I know that, but with a bit of customization we can make it happen. Many possible approaches, the easiest is to tweak the authentication class to tap into both DB.

Paul

Message par Paul » dim. 01 août 2010, 22:17

Interesting.

I wonder how that would affect the management of users, i.e. new users are on a queuing system where their first post needs to be approved etc. Would the control panel for the moderators and the administrator then somehow bridge across all the linked forums?

Paul

wchyme

Message par wchyme » lun. 02 août 2010, 00:01

Paul a écrit :Interesting.

I wonder how that would affect the management of users, i.e. new users are on a queuing system where their first post needs to be approved etc. Would the control panel for the moderators and the administrator then somehow bridge across all the linked forums?

Paul
That could be, but a rather simpler solution is to let users qualify in their language and inherit the qualification across forums. Otherwise said, having privileges on one forum would automatically mean having the same on all forums.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » lun. 02 août 2010, 01:19

wchyme a écrit :
Paul a écrit :Interesting.

Paul
That could be, but a rather simpler solution is to let users qualify in their language and inherit the qualification across forums. Otherwise said, having privileges on one forum would automatically mean having the same on all forums.
Bump :bravo:

wchyme

Message par wchyme » lun. 02 août 2010, 06:43

Well, if we all like it, let's (re-)submit the idea to JFD. Last I suggested it (ideas in 'Atelier phpBB') JFD did not like it, but that was two or three years ago...
Once he's back from vacation, I'll send him a PM. :bye:

Revenir vers « English »