Hello/Salut from Dublin, IE

BraveMargot

Hello/Salut from Dublin, IE

Messagepar BraveMargot » sam. 08 janvier 2011, 00:50

Hello everyone,
My name is Margaret, I'm Polish, living in Dublin for over 3 years now.
I've started playing guitar when I was 10, first with simple chords simply to accompany my singing. At the age of 14 I started learning classical (I'd known notes before, long story), at the age of 16 also joined a jazz band and played electrical guitar in there for 3 years. I gave up on music completely for a long time and now trying to get back in shape. I hope that this forum will help me to get some motivation :)
Good luck with your work and never lose your motivation, my fellow guitarists! :mrgreen:

GeoffB
Modérateur

Re: Hello/Salut from Dublin, IE

Messagepar GeoffB » sam. 08 janvier 2011, 02:25

Hello, Margaret. Welcome to the forum! I'm afraid I had to remove the link from your post, because some of the songs on your page are still under copyright, and so are not allowed on this forum. (Only public domain music is allowed here, unless you have permission from the copyright holder). There is plenty more to enjoy here, though, and I'm sure you'll find it rewarding. If you haven't already done so, you are also welcome to join the main English forum here. It's worth exploring both, as each has a wealth of contributions from its own members. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best wishes,

Geoff

BraveMargot

Messagepar BraveMargot » sam. 08 janvier 2011, 03:19

Hello,
I'm afraid I don't understand the copyright part, all songs are performed by me and only me, unless there is some copyright trick for doing covers too. Oh well, I'll get back to being silent appreciator then :)
Cheers,
Margaret

GeoffB
Modérateur

Messagepar GeoffB » sam. 08 janvier 2011, 14:25

Hi Margaret,

You're not alone in finding copyright hard to understand. Copyright law is a complicated affair, and applies not just to performers, but also to composers, arrangers and publishers. All have rights, and, to take one example, "Susanne" was composed by Leonard Cohen, who owns the copyright, and it won't fall into the public domain until 70 years after he dies. Until then, you can't perform it in a public place unless certain fees are paid. Concert halls, etc., usually take care of the fees, but this forum has no mechanism for doing that, so I'm afraid we can't upload recordings of such songs here or give direct links to them, because that would be the equivalent of broadcasting them to several thousand members without the composer's permission and without the fees being paid, and we don't want to cause legal trouble for the forum or risk getting it closed down. :wink:

Best wishes,

Geoff

BraveMargot

Messagepar BraveMargot » sam. 08 janvier 2011, 15:02

I see. Last thing I want is to get anyone into trouble, especially people who do such a great job. Thanks for explaining it.
Regards,
Margaret

Tarbaby

Messagepar Tarbaby » ven. 14 janvier 2011, 00:17

Welcome Margaret!

I do hope you'll join us on the English speaking forum, as Geoff suggests. :) We have some wonderful players and members' scores.

Your English is excellent. If you find it difficult to post in French, you can always keep your post count up here in the English mini-forum.

Mr. Delcamp also suggests that a simple :bravo: in response to an MP3 or Video will be acceptable, understood, and much appreciated. :wink:

Have fun on the forum and with your guitar!

Alan

murderface

Messagepar murderface » mar. 11 octobre 2011, 06:06

HI THERE! Welcome. I am new as well! HIGH FIVE! :okok:

Revenir vers « English »