Greetings from the UK.

Colin Bullock

Greetings from the UK.

Message par Colin Bullock » lun. 12 juin 2017, 00:29

I'm a member of the Forum anglophone taking a look at the French side of this forum.
I've just started learning French and might practice here in a few month's time.
I am currently studying the online lesssons in the English section and am also an amateur luthier.

Lysiane Chantre

Re: Greetings from the UK.

Message par Lysiane Chantre » lun. 12 juin 2017, 09:30

:bye: Hello Colin ! I have'nt tried to take a look at the English side of the forum...is it very different ? :roll: :ivresse:

jbambaggi

Message par jbambaggi » lun. 12 juin 2017, 11:22

Welcome in the French forum. Perhaps should we also go and visit the English forum... Delcamp.net : one of the ways to keep people from EU (and others!) together?
Guitare René Baarslag
Enregistreur Tascam DR-22WL

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » lun. 12 juin 2017, 12:23

Hi Colin, good to see another of us has ventured across the divide!

Colin Bullock

Message par Colin Bullock » lun. 12 juin 2017, 15:23

Lysiane Chantre a écrit :
lun. 12 juin 2017, 09:30
:bye: Hello Colin ! I have'nt tried to take a look at the English side of the forum...is it very different ? :roll: :ivresse:
Haven't had chance to look around here yet. Big difference I noticed is GeoffB has a beard over there :D
Same love of guitar music I'm sure.
jbambaggi a écrit :
lun. 12 juin 2017, 11:22
Welcome in the French forum. Perhaps should we also go and visit the English forum... Delcamp.net : one of the ways to keep people from EU (and others!) together?
Do call in. Unlike the U.K. politicians we have no desire to separate.
Lots of English speakers from US, China, Scandinavia etc.
GeoffB a écrit :
lun. 12 juin 2017, 12:23
Hi Colin, good to see another of us has ventured across the divide!
Thought it might be interesting when you mentioned the discussion about exam retakes. Obviously a whole different set of discusssions and info here. Hopefully I will soon pick up enough French to be able to participate - never had the opportunity at school.

GeoffB
Modérateur

Message par GeoffB » lun. 12 juin 2017, 18:31

Colin Bullock a écrit :
lun. 12 juin 2017, 15:23
Big difference I noticed is GeoffB has a beard over there :D
:lol: Yes, I really must update my avatar over here, I've changed quite a bit in the last 10 years since I uploaded that image!
Lysiane Chantre a écrit :
lun. 12 juin 2017, 09:30
I have'nt tried to take a look at the English side of the forum...is it very different ? :roll: :ivresse:
There's not a lot of :ivresse: , in fact we're quite well behaved :lol: . The main difference is that it's much more active than any of the other forums, with so many members from all over the world. Also, you'll find a large number of members' scores and recordings there that you haven't seen here, just as we find scores and recordings here that we don't see on our forum. As Colin said, you are very welcome to visit. It is quite easy, and the moderators are very helpful! :wink: . The same conditions apply: new members need to register and wait for their first two messages to be approved by moderators, and then any future messages appear automatically. Also you just need to remember to post at least one message per month on average to keep the account open. (The database does not know that you already have an account over here).

Revenir vers « English »