General Purpose Thread

yavannildi

Re: General Purpose Thread

Message par yavannildi » lun. 27 juillet 2009, 03:12

here in Brazil itnis awfully cold. Worst winter i can remember :x

bukena

Message par bukena » dim. 02 août 2009, 00:23

Well... here it's hotter than hell... but that's what I get for moving to a desert, silly me.

Anyway, here is my August post. Have a good one everyone!

b.

Canuck007

Message par Canuck007 » mar. 18 août 2009, 05:27

Bonsoir everyone. Thanks for everyones input.
Cheers
Paul

bukena

Message par bukena » mer. 09 septembre 2009, 18:26

Alrighty... we made it to September... and the start of the NFL season. Go Raiders!!!!

b.

John S

Message par John S » jeu. 10 septembre 2009, 01:17

Hello everyone. I just signed up for the English forums yesterday and have discovered the bizarre (yet understandable) separation of the MP3's. So I was quite pleased to find a thread like this where we could just simply post minor discussions without having to try and come up with a deep, meaningful post every month.

I will add however that I visited France for the first time in my life this past May and I absolutely loved it (except some of the food...). If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend it.

Paul

Message par Paul » lun. 14 septembre 2009, 20:14

It's difficult to have a meaningful discussion when members like bukena only pop in once a month. :)

Paul

bukena

Message par bukena » jeu. 17 septembre 2009, 18:48

Paul a écrit :It's difficult to have a meaningful discussion when members like bukena only pop in once a month. :)

Paul
Hi Paul,
I don't pop in just once a month, I read this about once a week at least. I just post once a month.

What topic would you like to talk about?... I am up for anything but politics and religion.

b.

Tarbaby

Message par Tarbaby » ven. 18 septembre 2009, 05:30

Hi, John S!

I've been to France a few times myself and agree it's a beautiful country. Didn't care for Paris much, though. :wink:

Where do you live?

Alan

ps. Hi Armand! :bye:

bukena

Message par bukena » ven. 18 septembre 2009, 18:10

Hi Alan! :bye:

b.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » ven. 18 septembre 2009, 20:49

:chaud: This miniforum is becoming increasingly busy. :bravo:

How ’bout discussing the cultural differences between, for instance, the french and english forums. Musical tastes and interests : on my part, I was surprised to find that Merikanto had not been discussed on the french side, whilst that composer has been mentioned quite a few times on the english side.

bukena

Message par bukena » mar. 22 septembre 2009, 17:36

LanceFortune a écrit :I was surprised to find that Merikanto had not been discussed on the french side
I must admit that I have no Idea if Merikanto is a he, a she or an it. :oops:

b.

LanceFortune

Message par LanceFortune » mar. 22 septembre 2009, 18:09

bukena a écrit :[I must admit that I have no Idea if Merikanto is a he, a she or an it. :oops: b.
:lol:
Oskar Merikanto was a he. Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAjWgmYKpk

bukena

Message par bukena » mer. 23 septembre 2009, 17:33

Cool, thanks. It's a very nice piece. It's nice to run across new names. I posted a score by Emmanuel Addriaenssen and another by Joachim van den Hove on the English forum and people were like: who?.

I'll check out Merikanto.

Have fun!

b.

pasjk

Message par pasjk » mar. 29 septembre 2009, 12:43

Not only is the Merikanto piece lovely, but the link was Peo as the guitarist. Always a a joy to listen to and watch him play.
Always good quality video and audio as well. Thanks for the link.

Paul

Message par Paul » dim. 04 octobre 2009, 18:39

LanceFortune a écrit :
bukena a écrit :[I must admit that I have no Idea if Merikanto is a he, a she or an it. :oops: b.
:lol:
Oskar Merikanto was a he. Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HAjWgmYKpk
The first thing I wanted to do was edit your post so the YouTube link shows in the post. :lol: Silly habits from across the divide. At least I can show it here:

[media]https://youtu.be/4HAjWgmYKpk[/media]

Wikipedia is very scant on details of his life.

Paul

Revenir à « English »